|Here’s a quick view of the map feature.|
These are the screenshots for the application thus far. Nothing special to look at, but somewhat functional.
The aim is to provide a window upon extraction to allow customization of how the files are extracted. Whether certain files are left raw, or perhaps converted to a file of choice.
Here’s what I’ve been thinking so far with regards to extraction in a few releases time:
I now have the update facility working, I can parse the images (Sprites, Flats and Patches) properly and save them to a file, and the general WAD reading works just fine.
To the left is a quick mid-res mock-up of the icon to be used. I’ll probably change it a few times as the time goes on. The icons for the application will go from 8×8 to 256×256 at all levels of colour, 4-bit, 8-bit and 32-bit
I need to port over some code from an old C++ project for the map viewing, but this shouldn’t take too long.
In all, I’m quite happy with it. I do believe the hard bit is not the programming, but design of the application and how I present all of the features. That’s the bit that’s always bested me, I’m afraid to say.
I’ll post some screenshots soon and I can hopefully be critiqued!
I’ve recently been toying with the early stages of an updated, GUI version of the Doom WAD Reader / Extractor utility that I once released.
So in the meantime, I want to upload a quick and dirty (Beta) version of this application, which after feedback via the Contact Me page, I will promptly update and keep updated with cool features, possibly along the lines of the following:
Because of this, I’m adding an even quicker and dirtier auto-update facility so users will always be a click away from the latest version of the tool.
As always, I enjoy feedback whether positive or negative, so don’t hesitate to leave some at the Contact Me page.
I’ve put up a small (Actually, tiny) page on GameBoy Emulation for anybody who’s interested.
It’s located in the “Page” section on the right hand side under “Misc”.
Here’s a picture of the simple ROM file running as mentioned in the above page being run. I’ve only implemented enough to get this ROM working. It’s still missing quite a few opcodes, I’m not dealing with any of the interrupts, and so on.
Currently, I’m saving all of the image data to a simple buffer which I’m using a Device Independent Bitmap (DIB)to handle the rendering. There’s no rush to change this as speed really isn’t a factor.
Given that I’ve been spending more and more time away from my beloved music collection (and probably will do with increasing regularity as the new year goes on), I had been making playlists to stream the songs, but now I’ve decided to add a music player for all of the MOD Monday entries from the last few months.
It uses the premiumbeat.com free music player and was very easy to set up. Highly recommended!
Note: I’m aware that if you change the page, it’ll stop. It’s primarily for keeping the page open on a tab somewhere and just letting the music play.